You should definitely call in the experts when it comes to installing granite countertops. The process can get messy and measurements must be taken carefully so that the finished product looks exactly how you want it to. The pros can also identify any potential issues with the vision you have in your head in regards to space, functionality, and budget. What can you expect when working with a professional company like Planet Stone? Let’s take a look!
There are a few basic steps in the installation process that are applicable to every granite and stone company. Planet Stone follows a very similar process. We do have some company secrets that help our team stand out when it comes to installing your countertop, but generally speaking, here’s what you’ll see.
1.You should call or fill out the form on Planet Stone’s website to get started with our team. We’ll talk you through everything you need to do to make the process smooth and painless.
2. Explain your vision/requirements and we’ll give you a free estimate! Try to be as thorough as possible so we can give you an accurate quote.
3. Select the stone surface you’d like to use. We have a wide selection of granite, marble, and quartz to make matching your kitchen’s aesthetic simple.
4. Pick out any sinks and appliances that will interrupt the countertop. It’s important we know these dimensions so we can be better prepared when creating your countertop. To make sure the cutouts are the correct size, the appliances must be on-site during installation. Please note that Planet Stone will not install these applianced, nor are we licensed to work on any plumbing.
5. Choose your countertop edges! At Planet Stone, we have 17 designs to choose from! You can keep your edges simple or opt for a fancier detail for a polished final look.
6. Schedule an installation date with the team that works for you.
7. Templates will be made so we can create your custom countertop.
8. Old countertops must be removed and any reinforcements/fixes your counters need will need to be made to prepare for the new countertop. Planet Stone will not remove the old countertop unless it was discussed prior to signing the contract so be sure to schedule the removal ahead of time!
9. Our team will get your countertops created exactly to your specifications!
10. On your scheduled day, we will install the new countertop and clean up our own mess! What could be better?
Keep in mind that this is not a detailed list and each situation will determine the order of the steps and if we need to add or deduct some of them. Our team will be in contact with you along the way so you’ll never be in the dark. Give us a call today to get started: (818) 860-7142.