One of the many reasons it’s so smart to invest in granite countertops is because of their durability. Granite is almost entirely scratch-proof, stain-proof, and heat-proof – however, you can also do your part in keeping your countertops in their absolute best condition. We’ve compiled a list of 5 simple things you can do to make sure your beautiful stone is as clean & shiny as possible.
- Clean up your spills. Cooking oils, as well as wine, coffee, fruit juices, tomato sauce, and other acidic liquids, can possibly discolor granite if they’re left sitting on your countertops for too long. So just be sure to wipe up your spills as soon as you can!
- Use a soft sponge or cloth when cleaning. Using a soft object to wipe down your granite countertops protects the sealant while still being effective in getting rid of the mess.
- Try to avoid using generic, store-bought surface cleaners. Ammonia-based cleaners, as well as anything containing vinegar, can damage your granite countertops over time, so try to avoid these products as best you can.
- Simply use hot water to wipe down your countertops daily. A dish rag and some warm water are all you need to clean spills and wipe away crumbs each day! Keeping it simple with just hot water helps maintain the quality of your granite, and it’s enough to get the job done for most daily messes.
- Once a month, use a granite polish to keep your countertops shining. In order to keep your countertops super shiny, we advise that you polish your granite about once a month using a topical conditioning stone polish.
Ready to add some high-quality granite countertops to your home? Get in touch with us today to learn more about our services: (818) 860-7142
“Granite Countertop Care: Do’s & Don’ts for Cleaning Granite.” Countertop Specialty, www.countertopspecialty.com/granite-counter-top-care.html.